For internal use only
Significant event analysis can be used to show quality improvement in the 'safety' key question of CQC GP inspections.
SEA uses case analysis to encourage the whole healthcare team involved in a case or incident to have a supportive discussion. The aim is to use this as a process to allow reflection and learning from the incident and so improve care.
Examples of significant events can be very wide-ranging and can reflect good as well as poor practice. Examples could include:
- new cancer diagnoses.
- coping with a staffing crisis.
- complaints or compliments received by the practice.
- breaches of confidentiality.
- a sudden unexpected death or hospitalisation.
- an unsent referral letter.
- prescribing error.